< JoshBlog: June is Gay Pride Month--since when?!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

June is Gay Pride Month--since when?!

In Albuquerque this weekend, I seemed to notice, "Hey, this place--the swanky area by the college called "Nob Hill"-- is really gay!" Upon reading some flyer on a store I found out that apparently June is Gay Pride Month. How could I not know this?! I mean come on! There should be a special committee to inform gay kids about this kind of stuff, or, at least, a Will and Grace marathon. My dad seemed not (or did not want) to notice all the rainbows and giant words saying, "Pride" inconspicuously painted on a bunch of buildings. Haha, he later discovered all of this while accidentally picking up a magazine about the queeny things to do in Albuquerque; utterly confused as to why men were so close to each other and why there were very masculine looking "women", he later realized what he was looking at, promptly felt embarrassed, and, I'm sure, looked around awkwardly.

I was actually quite surprised hearing that Albuquerque actually has a gay community. Of course, it is kind of disheartening coming back to Las Cruces where there is a gay population of about ten gay guys, thirteen lesbians, and some super flaming queen that I often times see at the mall. I guess I can hope for a bunch of closet cases to come out in the passing months--hah, just kidding.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do know that 10am-3pm there is PRIDE at Pioneers park here in Cruces on Jun 21/22.... Alburquerque has pride June 13th/14th.

Hope you get to join in the festivities

Nessa
sugarlighting@juno.com

Friday, June 06, 2008 6:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blog Views