< JoshBlog: Project Awesome

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Project Awesome


Last night, alas, was the premiere episode of "Project Runway" on NBC. Not having Bravo-- which is Lifetime for gay men --I was ecstatic to finally see the show for the first time. The verdict: I love it and I intend to devote much of my free time watching it. Unfortunately, I was somewhat disappointed to not see some bitchy designer fight off a flaming queen for a piece of chiffon fabric, seeing as this is the first episode and everybody is pretty much hum cheery. Although, I do hope to see the hair pulling and name calling commence shortly. The show started off right away with the contestants moving into the house. Some of them are boring and I could care less about them (so far) but most are pretty damn entertaining. Some of my favorites are:
 
  • Laura- She kind of looks like a monster, but you have to appreciate any one who can turn a rug and some crap off a chandelier into this

  • Malan- He's an asshole snob who pretty much just said,"Ugh, it was so irritating. . ." or, "These people were so irritating. . ." I'm betting this guy slaps some bitch halfway through the season for breaking his Be-dazzler. I can always hope.

  • Kayne- Not terribly interesting. Although, you gotta root for the blatantly gay designer. Fabulous.

  • Vincent- Not really a favorite, but I had to put him here solely because of his whacked out basket hat. What the hell was he thinking?! Later on he tried to kiss up to the judges saying he didn't really want the hat there; when, the day before, he was planning on glue gunning a piece of rubber to it and thinking it was the best piece there. LIAR! Also, is it just me or does he look like Elton John?

  • Jeffery- This guy is awesome because he's jaded and bitter. What's not to love in a reality contestant? This said, his dress was a horrid piece of mish-mashed cloth that looks like something Courtney Love would wear after being found passed out in a New York City bathroom with a Crystal Meth pipe in one hand and a year's supply of Vicodin in the other.

  •  
    The first challenge was to make women's wear out of anything they could tear through in their apartment. The end result was a chic New York Apartment transformed into what I would imagine Bobby Brown's house looks like. So, blah, blah, blah, a couple stitches and glue guns later the designers have their clothes ready. They do the whole runway face-off and the judges bash Elton John and Courtney Love's stylist for their ugly dresses. Finally, in the end, this chick is eliminated. Do I care? No. She wasn't entertaining anyways. And the show ends. All in all, good episode. I can't wait to see the cat fights that ensue during the next episodes when the designers have had three hours of sleep, there's only one sewing machine left, and some one's throwing a temper tantrum because some one else stole their lace accents. Dammit, that's good tv.

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I had never even HEARD of this show before....

    Saturday, July 22, 2006 2:02:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Blog Views