< JoshBlog: Emmy, schmemmy.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Emmy, schmemmy.

I hate The Emmys. Hell, I hate any award show longer than half an hour. I don't know why. Possibly it's the overdrawn speeches about God and publicists, the seemingly non-stop Pre-Pre-Pre What Did Patrick Dempsy Eat for Lunch?! shows, the lame jokes people crack in their speeches and the subsequent forced laughs that follow, or even just the aura of Hollywood stank.

Ironically, I'm watching them as I type this. Why, you may ask, am I watching them? Well, primarily, two reasons: Conan O'Brien is hosting and The Office is nominated. So, I have decided to subject myself this year to THREE HOURS of what amounts to people receiving shiny objects and feigning smiles. Well, that, and the fact that I need something to write about.

Here are my thoughts on the nominiees:

Outstanding Comedy Series
Who do I want to win? Easy, The Office.
Who will win? Some crap like Two and a Half Men. I hate that show. Although, I wouldn't mind any of the other nominees winning.
Winner: The Office!!!! Awesome.

Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series
Who do I want to win? I'm just going to put it out there again: Steve Carell (that man has my respect forever)
More realistically, Larry David will win and I'm fine with that.
Winner: The dude who plays Monk

Outstanding Drama Series
Who do I want to win? I really didn't watch any of these shows this season. So, I don't know.
Who will win? Probably 24 or Grey's Anatomy. Those are the only drama shows they pretty much talked about this season.
Winner: 24; I guessed right.

Outstanding Writing For A Comedy Series
Who do I want to win? Well, based on my previous comments in this area: The Office
Who will win? As I typed this, the winner was giving his speech. The winner is My Name is Earl. Funny show, I'm content.

Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series
Who do I want to win? Again, I didn't really watch any of the nominees.
Who will win? Probably either of the Grey's Anatomy episodes (they're nominated twice) or The Sopranos. Definitely not Lost, I haven't heard good things.
Winner:The Sopranos.

Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
Who do I want to win? Project Runway
Who will win? American Idol. Ugh.
Winner:The Amazing Race

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
The Daily Show won. That answers both questions.

Oh, to the academy, how is Outstanding Guest Star a category? I mean what the hell? Anyways, I'll update later with the winners. 'Till then, I will waste my life watching close-ups of assorted celebrities clapping. Hey, it's already been an hour and I'm entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blog Views